The J&H Lump Breaker is a compact machine designed with short, hardened tool steel teeth mounted on a rotating drum passing through an AR comb system. The rotor is driven by a shaft mount speed reducer in conjunction with Mill & Chem motors ranging in power from 10 to 50 hp, depending on breaker capacity.
Its purpose is to break lumps up to 400 mm in diameter down to 25 mm or less in order to prepare material for conveying or screening while using a minimal amount of power. Its capacity can go up to 800 tph for a single rotor or 1500 tph for dual rotor units.
The J&H Lump Breaker is designed as an added module to the feed point of a conveyor, elevator, dryer discharge point. Built with a unique rotor design allowing only a few teeth to be engaged at the same time, this allows for minimal power requirements. Easily maintained thanks to its split housing design, all components are available without disassembly with neighboring equipment. A self-energized speed switch is coupled with the shaft to cut off the motor if the rotor is blocked or at reduced motion.
- Single or double rotor
- 10 to 50 hp motor per rotor
- Available in sizes from 18” to 60”
- 60 RockwellC faced teeth
- AR400 replaceable combs
- Split housing steel frame lined with AR400 plates
- Minimal power requirement thanks to its rotor design. Having only a few teeth engaged at any given time
- Offset of teeth yields self cleaning
- Geometry of the comb in relation to the teeth allows for finer material to pour through avoiding any bottlenecking effect
- Zero speed switch